[Freeipa-users] sss / nsswitch

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 08:27:11 UTC 2016

On (13/09/16 16:18), Rob Verduijn wrote:

>> changes
>> >
>> >The change was mentioned in the upstream release notes of SSSD-1.14.1
>> >https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Releases/Notes-1.14.1 but of course I
>> >cannot be expected to read all upstream release note before running 'dnf
>> >update'.
>> >
>> >The change was necessary because before the plugin was in the
>> >sssd-common package and this caused that some nfs dependencies were
>> >pulled in even on systems where nfs is not needed at all. Since neither
>> >SSSD nor nfs-idmap strictly require the plugin the new package is not
>> >automatically installed during update.
>> >

>> Sorry for troubles. We can add weak dependency info sssd-common on
>> sssd-nfs-idmap and it might be installed by default.
>> IIRC dnf does not inform about suggested packages; but recommends minght
>> work. Feel free ot file a BZ.
>>
>> The reason why it is in separate package is "container world".
>> You need to have install packge sssd-nfs-idmap on host
>> but sssd can be running in container.
>>
>> LS
>>

>I probably should've noticed that the version number went from 1.13.x to
>1.14.x which usually is something noteworthy.
>I'll just add the release notes from sssd to my list of must reads when
>there is an update.

The package sssd-nfs-idmap should be installed with sssd-1.14.1-3
It needn't be due to weak dependencies. But recommended packages
are installed by default with dnf.

rpm -q --recommends  sssd-common-1.14.1-3
libsss_autofs(x86-64) = 1.14.1-3.fc24
libsss_sudo = 1.14.1-3.fc24
sssd-nfs-idmap = 1.14.1-3.fc24

LS