[Freeipa-users] unable to add or remove host (exists but doesn't exist) 4.2

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 21:57:32 UTC 2016

"Răzvan Corneliu C.R. VILT" wrote:
> Hi Jake,
>
>  From the output below (assuming a non-altered copy+paste), the host-add
> request is interpreted by ipa as "<SPACE>server100.example.com
> <http://server100.example.com>" while the delete is interpreted as
> "server100.example.com <http://server100.example.com>". If that's the
> case, try using quotes or searching the LDAP manually for the entry to
> see the actual registered hostname. If what I'm seeing over here is
> correct, you might be able to fix it by issuing:
> ipa host-del "<SPACE>server100.example.com <http://server100.example.com>"
> (use quotes when issuing the command).
>
> Then again, it might be a wrong copy+paste.

Yeah, that quoted space sure looks strange. I think this suggestion is
good, though I'm not sure how an embedded space could happen.

An ldapsearch might give additional feedback, something like:

$ kinit admin
$ ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -b cn=computers,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com
fqdn="*server100*"

rob