[Freeipa-users] Install IPA Servers with third-party certificate(external CA)

beeth beeth beeth2006 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 09:29:48 UTC 2016

Also, I once followed the instruction about "Using 3rd part certificates
for HTTP/LDAP" at
https://www.freeipa.org/page/Using_3rd_part_certificates_for_HTTP/LDAP,
for my environment: IPA 4.2 on RHEL7

# ipa-cacert-manage -p DM_PASSWORD -n NICKNAME -t C,, install ca.crt
# ipa-certupdate
# ipa-server-certinstall -w -d mysite.key mysite.crt
# systemctl restart httpd.service
# systemctl restart dirsrv at MY-REALM.service

It failed at the step to restart httpd.service.

Thanks!