[Freeipa-users] another certmonger question

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 10:30:06 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Rob Crittenden <rcritten at redhat.com> wrote:

> It's hard to say, it may in fact not be a problem.
>
> It is really a matter of what service the certificate(s) are related to.
> I'd look at the serial numbers and then correlate those to the issued
> certificates.
>
> I'd also do a service-find on the hostname to see if any services have
> certificates issued and with what serial numbers.

I agree, it could be that. But just for testing I have created a vm, joined
it to the domain and resubmitted the certificate.

Now there are two valid host certificates with the same subject:

 $ ipa cert-find --subject=throwaway.unix.iriszorg.nl
2 certificates matched
  Serial number (hex): 0x3FFE0002
  Serial number: 1073610754