[Freeipa-users] libsemanage updates fail due to AD user with space

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 01:00:21 UTC 2017

Hola,

I've reported this issue before (with a different symptom iirc), but
thought I should mention again, as I have no idea how to competently report
it to selinux.

With SSSD/IPA in use, in a one way trust to AD, and AD users have spaces in
their names, libsemanage fails to update:

eg from recent monthly upgrade cycle:

Updating   :
selinux-policy-targeted-3.13.1-102.el7_3.16.noarch
3/14
libsemanage.parse_assert_ch: expected character ':', but found 'f'
(/etc/selinux/targeted/tmp/seusers.local: 5):
lastname firstname at domain.com:unconfined_u:s0-s0:c0.c1023 (No such file or
directory).
libsemanage.seuser_parse: could not parse seuser record (No such file or
directory).
libsemanage.dbase_file_cache: could not cache file database (No such file
or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_base_merge_components: could not merge local
modifications into policy (No such file or directory).

cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper