[Freeipa-users] SSSD hangs on IPA master

Ronald Wimmer ronaldw at ronzo.at
Tue Apr 4 07:51:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

my IPA master has an AD trust (several thousand users). Since the trust
has been set up I am experiencing that I cannot login on the web
interface. Even connecting via SSH does not work or takes extremely
long. When I managed to log in as root via SSH (after waiting and trying
several times or rebooting the machine) I could not restart SSSD
(systemctl restart sssd). I had to kill the SSSD processes manually and
then everything seemed to work fine again.

What could be going on? Could the SSSD cache be to big (122M)? Where
should I take a deeper look?

Any hints are highly appreciated!

Regards,
Ronald