[Freeipa-users] How long should it take to propagate user role changes?

Greg Gilbert greg at greg-gilbert.com
Wed Apr 5 23:57:02 UTC 2017

Hey. I'm a bit new to FreeIPA, so apologies if this has already been
addressed. For reference, I'm running FreeIPA 4.4 server on CentOS 7,
and FreeIPA client 4.3.1 on Ubuntu nodes.

I've noticed that when I make changes to policies, it either takes a
long time to propagate out to the client nodes, or requires a manual
restart of the sssd service. In this case, I'm testing adding and
removing a user from a sudo rule. Is this the correct behavior, or is
there a misconfiguration on my part somewhere?

- greg