[Freeipa-users] Upgrade from IPA 4.2

Andrey Ptashnik APtashnik at cccis.com
Thu Apr 6 06:32:56 UTC 2017

Thank you for hint, Martin!

Looks like upgrade went smooth just with yum upgrade.
Following multi step upgrade in previous versions I was hesitant this time.

Andrey

From: Martin Bašti <mbasti at redhat.com<mailto:mbasti at redhat.com>>
Date: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 4:11 AM
To: Lachlan Musicman <datakid at gmail.com<mailto:datakid at gmail.com>>, Andrey Ptashnik <APtashnik at cccis.com<mailto:APtashnik at cccis.com>>
Cc: "freeipa-users at redhat.com<mailto:freeipa-users at redhat.com>" <freeipa-users at redhat.com<mailto:freeipa-users at redhat.com>>
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Upgrade from IPA 4.2

On 04/04/2017 02:23 AM, Lachlan Musicman wrote:

On 4 April 2017 at 04:28, Andrey Ptashnik <APtashnik at cccis.com<mailto:APtashnik at cccis.com>> wrote:
Hello,

We have Centos 7.2 and IPA 4.2 version.
I remember that in previous versions in order to upgrade to the latest one I had to run IPA upgrade scripts that would separately upgrade LDAP database. Is that the same procedure if I need to upgrade from version 4.2?

Andrey,

That wasn't my experience. We just did a yum update and it all seemed to work.

Given it's role, I presume you have or can set up a test env you can try it on?

cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this way."

- Grace Hopper

Yum upgrade should run upgrade script automatically.

Now we have just one script ipa-server-upgrade

Martin