[Freeipa-users] Centos7/IPA4.2 : disable/enable hosts

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 22:51:55 UTC 2017

On 11 April 2017 at 00:14, Johan Vermeulen <jameslast29 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> just getting started with FreeIPA and one of the first features I'm trying
> is adding hosts, something I can't do in our current
> ldap-setup. So I'm looking forward to being able to do this.
> But after adding a host, the only way I see to disable it is unprovision
> it. And after doing that, I can' t find a way to re-provision the host.
>
> Can anybody point me in the right direction regarding this?
>
> Many thanks, J.

Rob is right - it depends on what you are doing.

But, in the mean time, here are a couple of pointers:

How to enable/disable hosts
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/host-disable.html

If what you are after is having it in the domain but restricting access,
then you are looking for "Host Based Access Control"

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/configuring-host-access.html

Cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper