[Freeipa-users] oddjob_mkhomedir troubles

Ronald Wimmer ronaldw at ronzo.at
Wed Apr 19 11:06:53 UTC 2017

I am trying to automount homeshares (defined in FreeIPA). Now I ran into
a problem with oddjob_mkhomedir.

By default an AD user would get a homedir that looks like

/home/domain/user

In this case oddjob_mkhomedir creates the domain-directory but not more.
If I configure a client to use

/home/user

as the default directory (by setting override_homedir in sssd.conf)
oddjob_mkhomedir creates the user directory but I still get a permission
denied when logging in for the first time. (cd /home/user works)

Neither case 1 nor case 2 are satisfying.

Any ideas/hints/tricks/workarounds?

Regards,
Ronald