[Freeipa-users] How do you have users be given a local group?

greg at greg-gilbert.com greg at greg-gilbert.com
Tue Apr 25 18:43:11 UTC 2017

I saw this question come up way back in the archives, so I thought I'd
ask to see if there's a better way to do it.

Basically I want users who log into my servers that run the FreeIPA
client to be given the local usergroup DOCKER. Is there a way to do
that? Is it controlled from the FreeIPA server, or is it something (e.g.
PolicyKit?) that needs to be run on each client?

If it matters, the clients are running Ubuntu 16.04.

Thanks!