[Freeipa-users] Needs help understand this timeout issue

Troels Hansen th at casalogic.dk
Wed Feb 1 10:32:15 UTC 2017

>From looking af at TCP dump, I can see that if a client requests a AD user from IPA, IPA does a full user lookup in AD, even though the IPA server have the user in local cache?

It looks like a single group generates a LOT of traffic to AD like:
client -> IPA
IPA -> client
IPA -> AD
AD -> IPA
IPA -> AD
IPA -> Second AD
Second AD -> IPA
IPA -> Second AD
IPA -> AD
AD -> IPA
IPA -> AD
IPA -> client
client -> IPA
IPA -> Client

Something similar continues for every group the user has.

Soo, I guess the question that I haven't been able to find documented anywhere.
Isn't the SSSD group cache on the IPA servers supposed to be used then a sssd client requests a user?