[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA installation on centos 7

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Feb 3 09:33:05 UTC 2017

amit bhatt wrote:
> My QA development setup is running with IPA VERSION: 4.2.0 on centos 7
> and I want to install the same version in my production environment as
> well.  however when i am running yum install ipa-server i am getting
> VERSION: 4.4.0 (package ipa-server-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.4.x86_64) installed.
>
> How can i force IPA server to install 4.2.0 and not 4.4.0?

You'd need to create your own yum repository with the older bits and
install from there (or push the packages onto your system and do a local
install).

Note that the IPA packages are tested against the current versions of
the release which means that some packages may be newer and are
therefore untested against IPA 4.2.x. Chances are things will work fine
but there are no guarantees when mixing packages.

rob