[Freeipa-users] ipa- client rhel 6.9 support for UPN different then domain name

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 12:13:41 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 12:44:07PM +0100, Troels Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you tried setting ldap_user_principal to something nonexisting? For example:
>
> ldap_user_principal = nosuchattr
>
> and inherit this to the AD domain with:
>
> subdomain_inherit = ldap_user_principal
>
> Both in the domain section of sssd.

Enterprise principals are supported by IPA since RHEL 7.3, so this
work-around for older versions should not be needed anymore.

> ----- On Feb 8, 2017, at 12:17 PM, Jan Karásek jan.karasek at elostech.cz wrote:
>
> > Hi, thank you for help.
> >
> > I am running RHEL 7.3 on IPA serveres and with RHEL 7.3 clients it works really
> > nice.
> > Trouble is on RHEL 6 machines. I have tried to add krb5_use_enterprise_principal
> > = true into domain section of sssd.conf on RHEL 6 IPA clients but problem still
> > persists. Is there anything else that should be set ?  I have restarted sssd
> > service, both on servers and client, empty sssd_cache and so on but I am still
> > unable resolve users(on RHEL 6) with short UPN - id and getent passwd return no
> > such user...We still have more servers on RHEL 6 then on RHEL 7.

SSSD logs from a RHEL 6 client which includes a failing user lookup are
needed to see why it is still failing, see
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Troubleshooting for details.

bye,
Sumit