[Freeipa-users] Cross domain or pass through authentication v4.4

Munoz, Ian A ian.munoz at cgrb.oregonstate.edu
Thu Feb 9 22:27:28 UTC 2017

Hello,

I can't seem to set up or find decent documentation on either cross-domain or pass through authentication. I have tried kerberos cross realm, and saslauthd.

I have two different scenarios I would like to potentially accomplish.

1. FreeIPA domain of a.example.tld pass through authentication to FreeIPA domain b.example.tld
2. FreeIPA a.example.tld needs to pass through authentication to our enterprise ldap

What is the correct documentation to be following? Should I be trying to achieve this via an openldap pass through or a kerberos cross realm trust?

Any thoughts or wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ian Muñoz
Computational Scientist
Oregon State University