[Freeipa-users] Jenkins integration?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sat Feb 11 10:17:57 UTC 2017

Harald Dunkel wrote:
> On 02/10/17 15:07, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 02:03:48PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
>>> did anybody succeed in using Freeipa for Jenkins' LDAP module?
>>> I can't make it work :-(.
>>
>>   I'm using Jenkins with FreeIPA, but not with Jenkins's LDAP.
>> I have Jenkins set to PAM authentication, which in turn goes thru SSSD.
>> It works fine, groups are resolved correctly, too.
>
> Thats plan B. Its good to know that this works, but I
> don't give up that easy.

Jenkins' LDAP integration is pretty good and flexible. I made it work with various LDAP
servers in customer projects. I did not have do that with FreeIPA yet but I'd be very
surprised if it doesn't work.

(Personally I'd avoid going through PAM.)

Being in your position I'd try to analyze 389-DS' logs to see whether Jenkins contacts
your LDAP server and which queries it sends. Most times it's a trivial config item missing.

Ciao, Michael.