[Freeipa-users] Jenkins integration?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sat Feb 11 12:28:42 UTC 2017

Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On la, 11 helmi 2017, Michael Ströder wrote:
>> Harald Dunkel wrote:

>>> Thats plan B. Its good to know that this works, but I
>>> don't give up that easy.
>>
>> Jenkins' LDAP integration is pretty good and flexible. I made it work with various
>> LDAP servers in customer projects. I did not have do that with FreeIPA yet but I'd
>> be very surprised if it doesn't work.
>>
>> (Personally I'd avoid going through PAM.)
>
> Any specific reason for not using pam_sss?

At the end it's a matter of personal taste.

In my deployments PAM logins have most times nothing to do with the services running on a
host which might even use a completely different LDAP service.

> Remember, with SSSD involved you get also authentication for trusted users from Active
> Directory realms. You don't get that with generic LDAP way.

This might be a use-case for which to prefer going through pam_sss.
As usual your mileage may vary. But we both know next to nothing about the original
posters infrastructure.

> Also, you'd be more efficient in terms of utilising LDAP connections.

Hmm, IMHO this depends very much on the client software used.
Modern Java software has decent LDAP connection pooling.

Ciao, Michael. (not a Java fan though)