[Freeipa-users] lost master master and soa

Aaron Young ayoung at marketfactory.com
Mon Feb 13 21:12:55 UTC 2017

hello

So, I recently took over this site and a couple days into it, the first ipa
server died because of disk corruption.

Right now, I've built another ipa server to step into the topology as a
replica, but I keep getting strange dns errors during update

Looking at it closer, it appears that when nsupdate runs, it fails updating

looking closer, I notice that the SOA comes back with the name of the
missing server

So, it seems like I should change that. So far I've been unable to

I get messages back from nsupdate like

"response to SOA query was unsuccessful"

I'm not sure what information I should send to help with this

My main question is, is there a way to force the change of the SOA?

aaron
--
Aaron Young
MarketFactory, Manager of Site Reliability Engineering