[Freeipa-users] IPA and SSSD sudo

Troels Hansen th at casalogic.dk
Wed Feb 15 10:04:47 UTC 2017

Hi there

We have a strange problem.......

We're trying to override options in sudo rules from IPA, in this case secure_path:

sudo -ll reports:

RunAsUsers: root
Commands:
stopinst
/usr/local/bin/stopinst
/usr/local/bin/startinst
/bin/mount /rman
/usr/bin/su - root

/usr/local/bin is also in my local path:

$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin..........

For easyness, stopinst is currently quite simple:

$ cat /usr/local/bin/stopinst
#!/bin/bash
echo stopinst
echo "Path: $PATH"

I can execute the script a normal user, using full path or just the command:
$ stopinst
stopinst

However, trying to execute the script using sudo fails:
$ sudo stopinst
[sudo] password for drextrha:
sudo: stopinst: command not found

Unless using full path:
$ sudo /usr/local/bin/stopinst
stopinst

Secure path in sudoers is:
# grep secure_path /etc/sudoers
Defaults secure_path = /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

If I change the secure_path in local sudoers to include /usr/local/bin:
# grep secure_path /etc/sudoers
Defaults secure_path = /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

I can execute the command using sudo:

$ sudo stopinst
stopinst

Soooo...... something gets overwritten somewhere that shouldn't???