[Freeipa-users] Delegation + visibility on users/user groups

Gerald Zabos gmzgames.de at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:28:11 UTC 2017

Hello all,

after setting up a productive IPA 4.4 environment with eight nodes (master
+ replicas) on four different locations everything works well. Good job,
guys.

I am tinkering around with user management and prepared an example setup:

- create one supervisor user (bob)
- create four team users on bob's team (bridget, betty, bernard, bill)
- create a user group (b-team) with bob, bridget, betty, bernard, bill as
active users in that team

Now i want to achieve the following:

- supervisor (bob) can see his team members (bridget, betty, bernard, bill)
-and only his team members- to handle administrative tasks within his team
-and only his team- , e.g. reset their password, lock their account, change
their information.

Use case: external customer gets limited access and MUST NOT see our
internal users and/or other external customers.

Can someone please point me to the right documentation and/or give me hints
on how to achieve this?

Regards,

Gerald