[Freeipa-users] Installing on Ubuntu

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 01:24:34 UTC 2017

   I have an Ubuntu 16.04 test system which is currently clean.  I'm trying
to install freeipa-server via apt and I'm getting an error about files
missing :

Setting up freeipa-server (4.3.1-0ubuntu1) ...
Running ipa-server-upgrade...
IPA server upgrade failed: Inspect /var/log/ipaupgrade.log and run command
ipa-server-upgrade manually.
Unexpected error - see /var/log/ipaupgrade.log for details:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
u'/etc/dirsrv/slapd-EXAMPLE-COM/dse.ldif'
The ipa-server-upgrade command failed. See /var/log/ipaupgrade.log for more
information
dpkg: error processing package freeipa-server (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of freeipa-server-dns:
 freeipa-server-dns depends on freeipa-server (>= 4.3.1-0ubuntu1); however:
  Package freeipa-server is not configured yet.

Anyone seen this?  The only source I see for these files is the slapd
package which conflicts with freeipa.

Robert