[Freeipa-users] Looking for instructions on one way subtree sync IPA->IPA

Paris, Dan dan.paris at cgi.com
Tue Feb 21 10:27:40 UTC 2017

Hi FreeIPA-users,

My colleague Nick Piper emailed previously<https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2017-February/msg00121.html> regarding the subject matter.

We are still attempting to find a solution that meets our requirements and are considering manually building an ldif file to import into our master IdM server. In the reply to our original query Alexander Bokovoy mentioned: "In short, there is no support for IPA-IPA trust or replication. There are many reasons for that, including some complex technical issues on how this could be reliably working." Would you be able to provide some detail around these technical issues and provide some guidance as to if exporting an ldif file would meet our needs?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Dan Paris | Leading Engineer
250 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6UA | United Kingdom
M:  +44 7920783573
dan.paris at cgi.com<mailto:simon.hedges at logica.com>  | www.cgi.com<http://www.logica.comregistered/>
Registered in England & Wales (registered number 947968)
Registered Office: 250 Brook Drive, Green Park, Reading RG2 6UA, United Kingdom