[Freeipa-users] support for rfc2307AIX schema in IPA server

Iulian Roman iulian.roman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:03:18 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 4:31 PM, Rob Crittenden <rcritten at redhat.com> wrote:

> Iulian Roman wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anybody know if the rfc2307aix schema is supported in IPA server (i
> > use red hat IDM version) ? If yes, is there any documentation available
> > ? Was it tested ?
>
> No, it isn't supported (it's the first I've ever heard of it). Looking
> at the schema I doubt it is something that would ever be fully supported.
>
> is there any possibility to extend the existing schema with additional
attributes/object classes ? IPA integrates seamless in the Linux
environment and it would be nice to make that possible also for the Unix
environment.
Enterprise environment is quite heterogeneous and a solution which would
facilitate the consolidation of authentication and authorization methods
is still something many companies are looking for. There are different
solutions for different platforms , with different features, but none which
can be used cross platform.  I hope IPA will try to bridge this gap in the
near future.

rob