[Freeipa-users] New user group not shown on IPA client

Gerald Zabos gmzgames.de at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 24 11:36:03 UTC 2017

Hello *,

i just created a new user group 'it_testusers' (90600008) on one of
the IPA servers and added three existing users:

'test' (90600005)
'ipajoin' (90600001)
'ldaptest' (90600003).

When look up the group membership of these users on one of our IPA
clients with 'id <username>' it shows uid, gid and groups=<gid>, but
the new group 'it_testusers' is still missing.

Looking up group membership with 'id <username>' on all of our IPA
servers works, i can see the new group in the list of user's groups.

Server OS: Redhat 7.3
ipa-server: ipa-server-4.4.0-14.el7_3.4

Client OS: CentOS 7.3
ipa-client: ipa-client-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.4

I've read https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2015-May/msg00463.html
as it seems to be a similar problem.

I stopped sssd, removed the files in /var/lib/sss/db and started sssd
on the client -> still can't see the new group

I rebooted the client -> still can't see the new group

Any hints on how to proceed with this problem?

Regards,

Gerald