[Freeipa-users] WEB UI - wrong fonts or incomplete page loaded

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 15:55:31 UTC 2017

On 02/24/2017 12:15 PM, Iulian Roman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After a successful installation of the ipa-server when i try to login via WEB UI
> i've noticed that the web page looks strange (wrong fonts and page seems not
> completely/correctly loaded).

> The network debugger in chrome/firefox does

So it won't be browser or extension related. The only possibility is to
have same extension on both browsers.

> display 2 errors :
>
> - json /ipa/session/ 401 Unauthorized

This is expected.

> - login _kerberos?=...  net::ERR_ACCESS_DENIED

This one should return also "401 Unauthorized" if you don't have SSO
configured on browser or SSO(kerberos) ticket.

net::ERR_ACCESS_DENIED indicates something wrong. Maybe some other
software interferes in the communication with server.

What OS it is? Could there be an overzealous antivirus (the web check
part).  Or maybe a custom proxy setting?

> I do not intend to use SSO for login into WEBUI (although it is the default in
> the ipa version i am using)  but apparently a supported method to disable  it is
> not known.

Right, it is not currently possible. I've opened RFE ticket.
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/6709 Please comment if you use
case is different than the proposed user story.

> I can login with user and password but the WEB UI is almost unusable
> because of wrongly loaded page .

I wonder if something did not temper in the loaded files. If all files
are loaded correctly and if it is fresh install(to mitigate possibility
of old cache) then it is weird. Maybe it is the antivirus.

Do you have some Web UI plugin installed on IPA server?

--
Petr Vobornik

Associate Manager, Engineering, Identity Management
Red Hat, Inc.