[Freeipa-users] named-pkcs11: option 'serial_autoincrement' is not supported, ignoring

Jochen Hein jochen at jochen.org
Sun Feb 26 06:23:32 UTC 2017

I'm implementing logcheck on my server and found the following message
in my logs:

> Feb 26 05:30:26 freeipa2 named-pkcs11[4935]: option 'serial_autoincrement' is not supported, ignoring

>From reading
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/DNS_SOA_serial_auto-incrementation there
was an implementation in IPA, but it has been changed to
'serial_remote':

,----
| Feature Management
|
|     Add new option like serial_remote to /etc/named.conf. This option should be mutually exclusive with serial_autoincrement option from IPA 3.0.
|     Do not create UI for enabling/disabling this feature. We can provide some boolean directly in plugin configuration, but nothing else.
|
| Replication
|
| No change from IPA 3.0.
| Updates and Upgrades
|
| Replace serial_autoincrement option in /etc/named.conf with serial_remote option.
| Dependencies
`----

My servers started with FreeIPA 4 - is there some configuration/upgrade
change missing?

Jochen

--
The only problem with troubleshooting is that the trouble shoots back.