[Freeipa-users] ipa-replica-conncheck wants listener on port 7389

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 22:24:55 UTC 2017

I'm part way through my CentOS 6 to 7 "upgrade".  I've reached the
point of trying to set up my new IPA server as a replica of a temporary
VM.

ipa-replica-conncheck is complaining, because nothing on the temporary
server is listening on port 7389.

The documentation here:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/prepping-replica.html

Says:

   In a purely Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 environment, port 7389 is not
   required.

Which seems to indicate that nothing *should* be listening on that port
on a CentOS 7 IPA server.

So who's right?  And if something (pki-tomcatd?) should be listening on
that port, how do I make it do so?

Thanks!