[Freeipa-users] ipa-replica-conncheck wants listener on port 7389

Standa Laznicka slaznick at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 09:37:45 UTC 2017

On 02/28/2017 09:59 AM, Tomas Krizek wrote:
> On 02/27/2017 11:24 PM, Ian Pilcher wrote:
>> I'm part way through my CentOS 6 to 7 "upgrade".  I've reached the
>> point of trying to set up my new IPA server as a replica of a temporary
>> VM.
>>
>> ipa-replica-conncheck is complaining, because nothing on the temporary
>> server is listening on port 7389.
>>
>> The documentation here:
>>
>> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/prepping-replica.html
>>

>> Says:
>>
>>    In a purely Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 environment, port 7389 is not
>>    required.
>>
>> Which seems to indicate that nothing *should* be listening on that port
>> on a CentOS 7 IPA server.
>>
>> So who's right?  And if something (pki-tomcatd?) should be listening on
>> that port, how do I make it do so?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
> On a CentOS 7 IPA server, port 7389 should not be required. You can
> bypass the check with --skip-conncheck when running ipa-replica-install.

Please, rather check what the problem is. Port 7389 is not required for
the newer system, but the old 6.x system has to be listening on it so
that we can replicate agains the older Dogtag database. From the
previous mail I believe you were following the right documentation,
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/upgrading.html#migrating-ipa-proc,
correct?