[Freeipa-users] IPA Client not able to remove

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Jan 2 01:58:30 UTC 2017

tarak sinha wrote:
> Hi FreeIPA Team,
>

> I am not able to remove the IPA client host entry from Web UI and
> command line as well. While trying to add it’s showing “Host is already
> exist”. Please give me some suggestion to get rid if this issue.
>

> #ipa host-del xxx.example.com <http://xxx.example.com> --updatedns
>
> ipa: ERROR: xxx.example.com <http://xxx.example.com>: host not found
>
> #ipa host-show xxx.example.com <http://xxx.example.com>
>
> ipa: ERROR: xxx.example.com <http://xxx.example.com>: host not found

It sounds like it is a replication conflict entry. You can confirm by
doing something like 'ipa host-find xxx.example.com --all' and look at
the DN. If it has nsuniqueid in the DN then it is a conflict entry. See
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Replication-Solving_Common_Replication_Conflicts.html
but given you want to remove it you can do so via ldapdelete.

rob