[Freeipa-users] Minimum SSSD version for 2 factor

Jochen Hein jochen at jochen.org
Tue Jan 3 17:41:05 UTC 2017

"Sean Hogan" <schogan at us.ibm.com> writes:

>    I have been trying to find documentation on the required min sssd
> version needed to run otp (2 factor) with no luck.  Was hoping you all
> might know.
> I see RHEL 6.8 comes with 1.13 SSSD so was wondering if that would be high
> enough version to work with IPA 4.X OTP.

I'm running 2FA/OTP on Ubuntu 14.04 with the following sssd:
ii  sssd                         1.12.5-1~trusty1    i386
System Security Services Daemon -- metapackage

What you miss is the prompt "First Factor"/"Second Factor" and you must
concatenate password and OTP at the password prompt. Otherwise it works
fine.

Jochen

--
The only problem with troubleshooting is that the trouble shoots back.