[Freeipa-users] Topology -> IPA Servers

Ian Harding ianh at brownpapertickets.com
Wed Jan 4 04:37:43 UTC 2017

I have finally had some luck expunging the remnants of long removed IPA
servers now that I have upgraded to FreeIPA 4.4.

However, when I look at the IPA Servers list under Topology, I now have
three records like so:

Server name Min domain level Max domain level Managed suffixes

freeipa-dal.bpt.rocks
freeipa-sea.bpt.rocks 0 1 domain, ca
seattlenfs.bpt.rocks 0 0 domain
Showing 1 to 3 of 3 entries.

And an error dialog pops up which says "freeipa-dal.bpt.rocks: server
not found" which is true, it's long dead.

[root at freeipa-sea ianh]# ipa-replica-manage del --force --cleanup
freeipa-dal.bpt.rocks
Cleaning a master is irreversible.
This should not normally be require, so use cautiously.
Continue to clean master? [no]: yes

[root at freeipa-sea ianh]# ipa host-find freeipa-dal.bpt.rocks --all
---------------
0 hosts matched
---------------
----------------------------
Number of entries returned 0
----------------------------
[root at freeipa-sea ianh]# ipa-replica-manage list
seattlenfs.bpt.rocks: master
freeipa-dal.bpt.rocks: master
freeipa-sea.bpt.rocks: master
[root at freeipa-sea ianh]# ipa-replica-manage list-ruv
Directory Manager password:

Replica Update Vectors:
	seattlenfs.bpt.rocks:389: 21
	freeipa-sea.bpt.rocks:389: 20
Certificate Server Replica Update Vectors:
	freeipa-sea.bpt.rocks:389: 1065

Any ideas how to make that ghost finally go away?  I'm trying to change
the domain level of freeipa-sea.bpt.rocks, but when I do I get

"Domain Level cannot be raised to 1, server freeipa-dal.bpt.rocks does
not support it."

Thanks!
--
Ian Harding