[Freeipa-users] pki-tomcatd fails to start

Jeff Goddard jgoddard at emerlyn.com
Fri Jan 6 20:27:40 UTC 2017

I've done this.
[root at id-management-1 ipa]# date
Sun Jan  1 01:12:27 EST 2017

 getcert list give me this as the first entry:

Request ID '20150116162120':
        status: CA_UNREACHABLE
        ca-error: Server at
https://id-management-1.internal.emerlyn.com/ipa/xml failed request, will
retry: 4001 (RPC failed at server.  ipa: Certificate Authority not found).
        stuck: no
        key pair storage:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/httpd/alias',nickname='Server-Cert',token='NSS
Certificate DB',pinfile='/etc/httpd/alias/pwdfile.txt'
        certificate:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/httpd/alias',nickname='Server-Cert',token='NSS
Certificate DB'
        CA: IPA
        issuer: CN=Certificate Authority,O=INTERNAL.EMERLYN.COM
        subject: CN=id-management-1.internal.emerlyn.com,O=
INTERNAL.EMERLYN.COM
        expires: 2017-01-16 16:21:20 UTC
        key usage:
digitalSignature,nonRepudiation,keyEncipherment,dataEncipherment
        eku: id-kp-serverAuth,id-kp-clientAuth
        pre-save command:
        post-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/restart_httpd
        track: yes
        auto-renew: yes

Restarting cermonger multiple times doesn't help.

Jeff