[Freeipa-users] pki-tomcatd fails to start

Jeff Goddard jgoddard at emerlyn.com
Fri Jan 6 20:47:13 UTC 2017

I think my problem is deeper than that. I was following this guide:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/CA_Certificate_Renewal#Renew_CA_Certificate_on_CA_Servers
and executed the commands related to having an external CA - which we do
not have. I now get this message for the CA:

Request ID '20170101055025':
        status: NEED_KEY_GEN_PIN
        stuck: yes
        key pair storage:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/pki/pki-tomcat/alias',nickname='caSigningCert
cert-pki-ca',pin set
        certificate:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/pki/pki-tomcat/alias',nickname='caSigningCert
cert-pki-ca'
        CA: dogtag-ipa-ca-renew-agent
        issuer:
        subject: