[Freeipa-users] freeipa 4.4.0 and Ubuntu 14.04

Youenn PIOLET piolet.y at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 13:37:10 UTC 2017

Hey there,

I got the same issue after upgrading my servers to 4.4.0
The problem comes from duplicate entries in :
cn=permissions,cn=pbac,dc=example,dc=com

I think FreeIPA upgrade fails to create ACL on pbac specific entries,
resulting in a conflict entry creation.

The problem is that SSSD on Ubuntu 14.04 is crashing when reading pbac
where cn contains symbol "+".
You should check if you got these conflict entries in
cn=permissions,cn=pbac,dc=example,dc=com and remove them.

Ubuntu authentication was working for me directly after the suppression.

Regards,

--
Youenn Piolet
piolet.y at gmail.com