[Freeipa-users] freeipa 4.4.0 and Ubuntu 14.04

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 14:08:28 UTC 2017

On 01/11/2017 01:49 PM, Andy Brittingham wrote:
> Thanks! I will take a look at that.
>
> Andy

Hello Andy and Youenn,

to identify the root cause and potentially prevent it in a future:

Do you know which exact permissions had the replication conflict?

And more importantly how did you upgrade the servers? Was it one at a
time with some delay between upgrades (so that replication can happen).
Or two or more servers more or less at the same time?

> On 1/9/17 8:37 AM, Youenn PIOLET wrote:
>> Hey there,
>>
>> I got the same issue after upgrading my servers to 4.4.0
>> The problem comes from duplicate entries in :
>> cn=permissions,cn=pbac,dc=example,dc=com
>>
>> I think FreeIPA upgrade fails to create ACL on pbac specific entries,
>> resulting in a conflict entry creation.
>>
>> The problem is that SSSD on Ubuntu 14.04 is crashing when reading pbac
>> where cn contains symbol "+".
>> You should check if you got these conflict entries in
>> cn=permissions,cn=pbac,dc=example,dc=com and remove them.
>>
>> Ubuntu authentication was working for me directly after the suppression.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Youenn Piolet
>> piolet.y at gmail.com <mailto:piolet.y at gmail.com>
>> /
>> /

>> <mailto:jhrozek at redhat.com>>:
>>
>>     On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 11:48:07AM -0500, Andy Brittingham wrote:
>>     > Sorry for the delay, was doing some troubleshooting.
>>     >
>>     > Here is what I know now:
>>     >
>>     > The problem is on Ubuntu hosts using older sssd versions 1.11.8 (Ubuntu
>>     > 14.04).
>>     >
>>     > SSSD versions 1.13.4 (Ubuntu 16.04) and 1.13.3 (CentOS 6.8) both work.
>>     >
>>     > Users in the admin group can't log into these hosts.
>>     >
>>     > I created a newadmins group and assigned a new user to it. When I add the
>>     > "User Administrator" role the new user can't log into the hosts with older
>>     > sssd.
>>     >
>>     > As soon as I delete the "User Administrator" role, new user has access
>>     > again.
>>
>>     So is it a role membership or a group membership that makes the
>>     difference?
>>
>>     >
>>     > I've pasted the last bit of logs from a sssd_domain log below. I'd be happy
>>     > to forward the entire log, or additional logs if they will be helpful.
>>
>>     The log only captures a user lookup, not a login, sorry..
>>
>>     (This might be expected if you log in e.g. with an SSH key, in which
>>     case journald should be the first thing to look at at least to poinpoint
>>     which piece denied access..)
>>
>>     --

Petr Vobornik