[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA as Samba Backend, Existing Users Fail

Armaan Esfahani armaan.esfahani at advancedopen.com
Wed Jan 11 21:00:57 UTC 2017

Hi, I have setup a Samba server to use FreeIPA as a password backend, however whenever I try to use existing users to login I get “NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE”.

Looking at the sssd_nss log on my ipa server, I get the following error “(Wed Jan 11 15:56:11 2017) [sssd[nss]] [fill_sid] (0x0020): Missing SID.”  On all existing accounts, whereas all new accounts function properly (after resetting their passwords).

Anyone have any ideas?