[Freeipa-users] Not able to replicate user keys across master and client

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 13:29:25 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 10:59:04AM +0000, hirofumi.morikawa at accenture.com wrote:
> Hi Free IPA team
>
> Let me further clarify the question that is asked by Niraj below.
>
> Currently, we have 1 master FreeIPA server and 1 client server. Evaluating your product for production deployment
> Master and client connectivity is established and when creating the user in the web console, it is indeed creating the user in the client machine
>
> However, When we add public key through the web console below, this key is not created(or transfered) to the client machine(checked by logging into the
> server) that blocks the key based access to this machine
>
> [cid:image003.jpg at 01D26CCB.55E68FA0]

Does the web console show the key's fingerprint after you added it as
shown in
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/user-keys.html

> Could you please let us know if this key is supposed to be created to the client machine natively with FreeIPA
> when registering the key through the console above?  Are we missing any configuration to enable this
> key registration to client machine? Thank you for your response in advance

If you used ipa-join or realmd to join the IPA client to the IPA server
everything should be configured correctly.

In /etc/ssh/sshd_config you should find the line 'AuthorizedKeysCommand
/usr/bin/sss_ssh_authorizedkeys' which tells sshd to call
sss_ssh_authorizedkeys to get the key.

You can call 'sss_ssh_authorizedkeys' directly with the user name as
argument to see if the key is returned:

# sss_ssh_authorizedkeys testuser
ssh-rsa AAAAB3Nz.......

If nothing is returned you should check /var/log/sssd/sssd_ssh.log for
errors. You might need to increase in debug_level in the [ssh] section
of sssd.conf first, see
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Troubleshooting for details.

HTH

bye,