[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA as Samba Backend, Existing Users Fail

Armaan Esfahani armaan.esfahani at advancedopen.com
Fri Jan 13 17:00:36 UTC 2017

To connect Samba to FreeIPA, I did the following:

1.       Install IPA Server

2.       Configure IPA Server

3.       Run ipa-adtrust-install

4.       Add shares to config using “net conf”

I also ran the SID gen task when doing the ipa-adtrust-install, and even ran it later manually with an ldapmodify on the script link to be sure.