[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA as Samba Backend, Existing Users Fail

Armaan Esfahani armaan.esfahani at advancedopen.com
Fri Jan 13 18:33:52 UTC 2017

Upon running the ldapmodify command, I receive an “ldap_bind: No such object (32)” error, any suggesions?

On 1/13/17, 8:37 AM, "Sumit Bose" <freeipa-users-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of sbose at redhat.com> wrote:

    On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 04:00:57PM -0500, Armaan Esfahani wrote:

    > Hi, I have setup a Samba server to use FreeIPA as a password backend, however whenever I try to use existing users to login I get “NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE”.

    > Looking at the sssd_nss log on my ipa server, I get the following error “(Wed Jan 11 15:56:11 2017) [sssd[nss]] [fill_sid] (0x0020): Missing SID.”  On all existing accounts, whereas all new accounts function properly (after resetting their passwords).

    > Anyone have any ideas?

    Maybe the sidgen task was run during ipa-adtrust-install, please see

    https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Windows_Integration_Guide/creating-trusts.html#create-trust-existing-idm

    how to run it.

    HTH

    bye,