[Freeipa-users] Windows Server can't use FreeIPA's DNS server

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Mon Jan 16 08:31:32 UTC 2017

On 16/01/2017 00:52, Raul Dias wrote:
> The  packets are getting back  That has being stablished already.

With Wireshark at the 2008R2 end?

> I am looking for possible reasons it would disregard the answer, but
> accept when using a non-freeipa bind9 one.

Look at wireshark detail on both sets of responses; check for any
differences including the flags. You're sure one of the servers isn't
answering with a REFUSED answer for example? (That is, one of the bind
servers might not allow queries from the source address of the 2008R2
server)

Also compare the bind configs. For example, is DNSSEC enabled in one but
not the other?