[Freeipa-users] Kerberos Clock Skew too great

Rakesh Rajasekharan rakesh.rajasekharan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 17:24:22 UTC 2017

I was seeing a lot of entries in the krb5kdc.log like below

"krb5kdc[10403](info): TGS_REQ (4 etypes {18 17 16 23}) 10.1.4.219: ISSUE:
authtime 1485450918, etypes {rep=18 tkt=18 ses=18}, host/my-host at MYDOMAIN"

On one env.. where users rarely log in... even there I see a lot of such
requests.

Finally , I think  I was able to track this down..  there are few local
accounts ( non freeipa ) on my hosts . These are used to run some custom
scripts through cron and run frequently ( every few mins ).
So, I feel  whenever thers a request for "su - <localuser>" or a sudo to
the local user, that would also end up calling the Kerbros service.. and
since it runs so frequently on all the hosts.. they would be choking the
IPA master / replica with so many requests..

Please correct me If I am wrong in the above assumption.

Going by the above logic.. I have added filter_users section with these
users in the sssd.conf . Hopefully I would see a drop in the number of
requests