[Freeipa-users] User with rights for only adding hosts

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Jan 27 15:39:57 UTC 2017

Matt . wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to create a user that can/is allowed (to) only add
> hosts using the ipa-client-install ?
>
> Would be nice to know.

Are you asking if it can only add a host in the context of
ipa-client-install? No.

Or are you asking "Is there a permission I can delegate to add hosts?"
Yes, I just forget the name and don't have an install in front of me.
ipa permission-find host should give you a reasonablly short list to
search through.

I'm imagining that more than that single permission will be required
though, depending on what it is you want to do (e.g. DNS updates, etc).

rob