[Freeipa-users] cannot connect to ldaps during replica install, port 636 not listening

Chris Herdt cherdt at umn.edu
Thu Mar 2 00:07:52 UTC 2017

I am attempting to set up a FreeIPA 4.4.0 replica on CentOS 7.3 from a
FreeIPA 3.0.0 master on CentOS 6.8 following the steps at
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/upgrading.html

At this step:
ipa-replica-install --ip-address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --mkhomedir
/var/lib/ipa/replica-info-replicaname.example.com.gpg

I get the error:
ERROR cannot connect to 'ldaps://master.example.com'

I ran ipa-replica-conncheck and found that port 636 is not accessible:
Port check failed! Inaccessible port(s): 636 (TCP)

The port is not blocked. I'm wondering where in the configuration for
FreeIPA 3.0.0 I should check the LDAPS (mis)configuration, or if there is a
way I can specify to use port 389 for setting up the replica.

Thanks!

--
Chris Herdt
Systems Administrator