[Freeipa-users] Switch sudoers to IPA

deepak dimri deepak.dimri2016 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 13:39:41 UTC 2017

Hi List,

I have sudo and normal users accessing linux systems using their private
key without IPA. I have IPA fully functioning and now i want to switch the
users from local file login to IPA.

Any new user i create in IPA can SSH into ipa client jump boxes fine. I
want to know how i can migrate existing local sudoers users to IPA.  This
is what i have done to achieve this:

1-  Created a new user in IPA with the same name as i have in Jumpbox.
2 - Added the public key of that user in IPA.
3-  Added the user to jumpbox_usergroup as my sshd.conf forces the users of
this group to authenticate against the pam/sssd

Now when i try to ssh into jumpbox using as i was doing before i still logs
into the jumpbox via unix pam and not IPA.  What should i be doing so that
the "existing" local unix users can login via IPA?

I am still playing with configuration to make it work but thought of asking
this to you all to see if i can get a solution faster.

Many Thanks,
Deepak