[Freeipa-users] LDAP based autofs map redundancy

William Muriithi william.muriithi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 20:28:38 UTC 2017

Afternoon,

I have noticed that even when a network has two IPA for redundancy,
autofs don't seem to be able to take advantage of the remaining IPA
should one of the IPA goes down.

Is this a know issue with LDAP based maps or is it a configuration
that need to be adjusted. By the way, only about half of the systems
are affected and I have noticed they have this on sssd.conf

ipa_server = _srv_, hydrogen.eng.example.com

It does look though like kerberos is not affected as all systems can
authenticate fine, so looks like its autofs issue alone

This is the error I am noticing on the logs.

Mar  2 14:18:29 platinum automount[2887]: key "brad" not found in map source(s).
Mar  2 14:19:18 platinum automount[2887]: bind_ldap_simple:
lookup(ldap): Unable to bind to the LDAP server: (default), error
Can't contact LDAP server
Mar  2 14:19:21 platinum automount[2887]: bind_ldap_simple:
lookup(ldap): Unable to bind to the LDAP server: (default), error
Can't contact LDAP server

Regards,
William