[Freeipa-users] ipa-client-install generates bad sssd.conf

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Mar 3 08:32:57 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 08:45:10AM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> running freeipa client 4.3.2-5 and sssd 1.15.0-3 on
> Debian Stretch
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is important I guess.

Since SSSD 1.15, SSSD allows to socket-activate the services, so it is
no longer required to have them explicitly listed in the services line
of the sssd section. But:
    - there were some nasty bugs in the first version of the socket
      activation. We will be releasing 1.15.1 today to address those
      issues
    - the sockets must be enabled (systemctl status sssd-nss.socket). I
      understand Debian is doing this but I'm neither Debian user nor
      developer. I would suggest to ask on some Debian-specific forum or
      file a bug report if the resulting configurationd doesn't work.

> ipa-client-install creates a bad sssd.conf file, e.g.
>
> 	[domain/example.com]
>
> 	cache_credentials = True
> 	krb5_store_password_if_offline = True
> 	ipa_domain = example.com
> 	id_provider = ipa
> 	auth_provider = ipa
> 	access_provider = ipa
> 	ldap_tls_cacert = /etc/ipa/ca.crt
> 	ipa_hostname = stretch1.vs.example.com
> 	chpass_provider = ipa
> 	ipa_server = _srv_, ipa1.example.com
> 	dns_discovery_domain = example.com
> 	[sssd]
> 	domains = example.com
> 	services = sudo

btw I find it strange that sudo is listed. I would expect either all or
no services to be listed. The feature is backwards-compatible, so if you
list the services explicitly, the sssd process would still start them
explicitly, just as it did with previous versions.