[Freeipa-users] consumer replica which does not show up in ruv list

Ludwig Krispenz lkrispen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 8 08:43:24 UTC 2017

On 03/07/2017 09:21 PM, lejeczek wrote:

> On 07/03/17 16:48, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

>>> I'm not sure whether I'm dealing with single or multi-valued DN and
>>> I should rename+keep original copy(following that doc) or simply
>>> remove that DN.
>> this is something which cannot be generally answered, you need to
>> look at the specific entries. In the case of conflicts you always
>> have entries like
>> cn=xxxx,<rest of dn> and
>> cn=xxxx+nsuniqueid=nnnnnnnn-nnnnnnn-nnnnnnn-nnnnnn,<rest of dn>
>>
>> and usually they are created if the same entry is added at the same
>> time on two replicas, then they are identical and you can just delete
>> the conflict entry. Only if you want to keep both entries you need to
>> rename the conflict.
>
> to confirm - I presume this should be a recursive deletion with '-r' ,
> the whole lot, right?
I would not recommend this before examining what the "whole lot", you
need to spend a bit time in examining the state of your data, if there
are nodes below the conflict entries  are tehy conflicts as well, can
they be deleted or should they be moved to the valid entry first, .... ?
> thx,
> L.

Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill, Eric Shander