[Freeipa-users] Adjusting nsslapd-cachememsize

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Fri Mar 17 09:32:43 UTC 2017

On 03/17/2017 03:20 AM, Lachlan Musicman wrote:
> While going through the logs on the FreeIPA server, I noticed this:
>

> WARNING: changelog: entry cache size 2097152 B is less than db size 12804096 B;
> We recommend to increase the entry cache size nsslapd-cachememsize.
>

> I have found a number of documents:
>
> What it is:
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.0/html/Configuration_and_Command_Reference/Configuration_Command_File_Reference-Database_Attributes_under_cnNetscapeRoot_cnldbm_database_cnplugins_cnconfig_and_cnUserRoot_cnldbm_database_cnplugins_cnconfig-nsslapd_cachememsize.html
>
> How to tune it:
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.1/html/Administration_Guide/memoryusage.html
>

> etc etc.
>
> I have no idea of what the secret password is for the "cn=directory manager" and
> can't find any information about where I might find it or where or when it might
> have been set anywhere. I have found a number of likely candidates, but none
> have worked.

When you install a first IPA server, run ipa-kra-install, or install a
replica (before 4.4 replica promotion) you typically write that password.

I.e. in ipa-server-install you provide 2 passwords, one for directory
manager second for admin user.

--
Petr Vobornik

Associate Manager, Engineering, Identity Management
Red Hat, Inc.