[Freeipa-users] shadow netgroups with wrong domains - sudo problem

Bob Hinton bob at rha-ltd.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 13:52:17 UTC 2017

On 17/03/2017 12:48, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
> On (17/03/17 10:40), Bob Hinton wrote:

>>> Did you remove the sssd cache after the migration?
>>>     rm -f /var/lib/sss/db/*.ldb
>>>
>>> (please make sure the clients can reach the server or maybe mv the cache
>>> instead of rm so you can restore cached credentials if something goes
>>> wrong..)
>>>
>> Hi Jakub,
>>
>> I've now tried removing the sssd cache on one of the offending servers
>> and it's not made any difference.
>>
>> getent netgroup oepp_hosts
>>
>> when run from any host enrolled to the new IPA servers, including the
>> IPA masters themselves produces the results with "mgmt.prod" included
>> and the same thing run on any of the pre-migrated servers that are still
>> commissioned produces them without, so I assume that the netgroup domain
>> information is coming from the IPA masters rather than the local host.
>>
> Could you provide content of LDIF from IPA server?
> For this netgroup/hostgroup
>
> LS

Hi Jakub,

I extracted the following from the userRoot ldif produced by "ipa-backup
--data".

It appears to have the incorrect domain set against nisDomainName. Could
this be changed with ldapmodify ?

Thanks

Bob

# entry-id: 1485
dn: cn=oepp_hosts,cn=ng,cn=alt,dc=local,dc=lan
ipaUniqueID: 186461fa-f91d-11e6-b43d-06642ebde14b
modifyTimestamp: 20170222163643Z
createTimestamp: 20170222163643Z
modifiersName: cn=Managed Entries,cn=plugins,cn=config
creatorsName: cn=Managed Entries,cn=plugins,cn=config
mepManagedBy: cn=oepp_hosts,cn=hostgroups,cn=accounts,dc=local,dc=lan
memberHost: cn=oepp_hosts,cn=hostgroups,cn=accounts,dc=local,dc=lan
cn: oepp_hosts
nisDomainName: mgmt.prod.local.lan
objectClass: ipanisnetgroup
objectClass: ipaobject
objectClass: mepManagedEntry
objectClass: ipaAssociation
objectClass: top
nsUniqueId: f834f7a7-f91c11e6-a7d5eda5-d52d2b10