[Freeipa-users] Use SQLite format NSS database?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 13:58:26 UTC 2017

On 03/20/2017 11:02 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> I think his concern may be around warnings that the NSS BDB databases
> should only be updated when quiet. In the case of mod_nss it explicitly
> opens the database read-only so I think you'd be safe updating the
> certificate.

You are correct about my concern.  I should have noticed that mod_nss
is opening the database read-only, based on the file permissions if
nothing else.

Based on this, I should be able to do something with symlinks to make a
copy of the database, do my updates, rename the symlink to make the
updated database "live", and SIGHUP (or restart if necessary) Apache.

Thanks!